Cost: £365 + VAT
Duration: 1 day
Date: Available now
Times: 30 days access to complete the course at your own pace
Location: e-Learning platform
How to Book: Download Booking Form or Book Online (see below)
A one-day course covering the principles of design and good practice for roundabouts and mini-roundabouts.
Completing the course will give delegates more confidence in applying good practice principles to their designs and result in better designs from both a road safety and capacity point of view.
1. The design sessions include good practice guidance but not AutoCAD training.
2. The ARCADY sessions include guidance on interpreting the model outputs and how the main input factors affect the results. They do not include a demonstration of the software. Training on the ARCADY is available from TRL, who own and license the software.
The course focuses on the following key areas:
- Selection of Junction Type and Principles of Junction Capacity
- Types of Roundabout
- Design of Mini-Roundabouts
- Roundabout Geometry including Entry Path Curvature / Deflection and Entry Angles
- Visibility Issues
- Landscaping and Art on Central Islands
- Segregated Left Turning Lanes and Subsidiary Defection Islands
- Pedestrian and Cycle Facilities
- Vertical Alignment and Drainage
- Signs and Markings including Spiral Markings
- Road Safety Issues
Delegates completing this course will receive a CPD certificate of attendance, recognised by both the IHE and CIHT.
How to book